[pct-l] Android phones and Maps and Hammocking

Jordan Jlongcullars jlongcullars at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:17:09 CST 2013

Hey everyone My name is Jordan Long Cullars.

Happy New Year to everyone!

I plan on hiking the Pct this year. This is my first post on here although
I've been a member for several months, reading lots of post.  For the most
part I have read that people use the I phone on the trail. What about
Droids? Anyone  have suggestions? What maps should I or can I use with a
Android ? (Downloadable maps for Droid phones?)  Also I plan to hammock on
the trail. I understand through the desert I'll be on ground?... Is it
worth it to bring hammock the whole  trail or is there a place recommended
to have my hammock sent to?

Cheers
Jordan Long Cullars Pct class 13'