[pct-l] what's the best 250 mile section?

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Mon Feb 25 12:53:40 CST 2013

Andy,

The most beautiful 250 miles is the High Sierra from Kennedy Meadows to Tuolumne Meadows. However by the time you get to that part of the trail, you will have 700 miles of conditioning that your friend will not have.

I recommend having your friend start with you at the Southern Terminus and hike to Idyllwild mile 180), Cabazon (mile 210) or Big Bear (mile 265) - it's not the most beautiful part of the trail but they will get to experience the trail on the same level you will.

Dave