[pct-l] Yosemite & HalfDome

Rebecca Cummings Rebecca.Cummings at csulb.edu
Wed Feb 20 15:43:36 CST 2013

Hi Patrick,
I'm running on the assumption that you're still planning on going cross-country (Roper Route) to Yosemite Valley, starting from the Red's Meadow area.  One solution is to plan a zero day in Mammoth and then get a permit at the Mammoth ranger station.  Be flexible about which trailhead to start your trip.  I got a "cross country" permit out of the Shadow Creek trailhead.  It was easy to get and appeared to be several available permits for that trail right up to the day we left.  Specify that you're going cross country.  I'm not sure exactly how they distinguish "cross country" permits from the trail permits, but I'm assuming that will open up your permit options.
--Becky