[pct-l] Lone Pine to PCT logistics

Lauren Egert laurenegert at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 20:31:43 CST 2013

Hi,
I'm wondering the best way to get from Lone Pine to the PCT.  I'll be arriving in Lone Pine by bus so my options are hiking, hitchhiking, or public transportation. It's a little unclear to me how far Lone Pine is from the PCT and where exactly along the PCT I'll be picking it up.

I have no intention of hiking up Mt Whitney. I also will have a thru hiker permit. Will it be necessary to also have the additional permit for the Whitney Portal area? I'm confused as to where Lone Pine, Whitney Portal, and PCT all are in relation to one another.

Thanks!
Baby Sister