[pct-l] Fear of the dark response (regarding Grizzly Bears)

jamesfmiller at hotmail.com jamesfmiller at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:18:24 CST 2013

And Wolverines are in WA.
Just to say!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Eric Lee <saintgimp at hotmail.com>
To: 'linsey' <mowoggirl at yahoo.com>, 'pct list serve' <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Sun, Feb 17, 2013 17:41:21 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Fear of the dark response (regarding Grizzly Bears)

Lollygag wrote:

Please let me correct this misinformation:  indeed there ARE Grizzly Bears
in the North Cascades of Washington State.
This has been well documented by experts, and I'm sure it could be easily
verified with a Goggle search.

"Well documented" is a bit of a stretch.  Someone *finally* got a picture of
a grizzly in the North Cascades in 2011 - the first picture in 50 years.  It
appears that they're visiting from Canada.  It's not at all like the
situation in Yellowstone National Park where you have a decent chance of
seeing a grizzly on any given day.  Here's an article from the Seattle
Times:

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2015482252_grizzly02m.html

Eric
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: