[pct-l] Fear of the dark response (regarding Grizzly Bears)

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:41:21 CST 2013

Lollygag wrote:

Please let me correct this misinformation:  indeed there ARE Grizzly Bears
in the North Cascades of Washington State.
This has been well documented by experts, and I'm sure it could be easily
verified with a Goggle search.

"Well documented" is a bit of a stretch.  Someone *finally* got a picture of
a grizzly in the North Cascades in 2011 - the first picture in 50 years.  It
appears that they're visiting from Canada.  It's not at all like the
situation in Yellowstone National Park where you have a decent chance of
seeing a grizzly on any given day.  Here's an article from the Seattle
Times:

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2015482252_grizzly02m.html

Eric