[pct-l] Dessert part in Sandals

Tim Gustafson tjg at tgustafson.com
Sat Feb 16 20:46:42 CST 2013

> I'm trying to get ready for the PCT and I don't have
> any backpacking experienced but my husband does, Does any one have hike the
> dessert part in sandals? do you recommend it? what brand is good for it?
> I'll appreciated all the help I can get.

I hiked the first 110 miles in a pair of Keen Newport sandals, and I
absolutely LOVED them.  I'm planning on doing another 220 miles this
year in them as well, starting at Warner Springs and going up to I-15.
 I wear them about 60% of the time during my normal life too - they're
really comfortable and durable.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at tgustafson.com