[pct-l] Foot Expansion

T.Rem toddremy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:38:03 CST 2013

Howdy!  Just to throw in my own two cents on foot expansion.  I spent about
10 years suffering from blisters almost every time I went backpacking for
more then a couple of days.  It wasn't until I started preparing for my
2012 thru-hike that I learned about foot expansion from the wise folks on
pct-l.  I wore shoes up to two sizes larger then normal on my hike and for
the first time in my life had very little trouble with blisters- a fact
which I strongly feel contributed to my success at reaching Canada.  On the
flip-side I ran into more then a few other NOBOs suffering horribly from
blisters because they wore their normal shoe size.  Foot expansion may not
effect all hikers the same but it certainly makes a difference in my case.

Pockets