[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

Steve Rolfe steve.rolfe at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 14:49:03 CST 2013

I can't speak to the Fly Creek, but I can about the Seedhouse, which is
similar and less expensive.

Two friends and I each used the Big Agnes Seedhouse tent for two different 5
day trips on the PCT in the Washington Cascades in September.  Each of us
had our own tent because, as I was told, "we are men, we don't sleep in the
same tent."  So, I had to buy a new tent. This was much appreciated by me
when I realized they snored.

We all found the tent easy to set up and take down.  We used most of the
stakes to get the tent taut.  The one trick to putting it up is to put the
fly tent stake loops through the tent stake loops and then use the stake
through the fly loops.  This stretches out the fly and the tent fully.

They are 6 foot plus and had no trouble.  I am 5' 7" and was fine.  I always
kept my pack inside the tent and had plenty of room.

On one of the trips it was below freezing at night, but I was very warm.
The only reason I knew it was that cold is that frost was on the tent in the
morning. On the other trip it rained very hard several nights and I was
completely dry with no hassles.

Steve