[pct-l] Old PCT Route

mark utzman blackbelthiker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:38:32 CST 2013

Good afternoon all,  I am reading a book I just bought from EBay about the
PCT....published by National Geographic, written by William Gray and Sam
Abell who thru-hiked in 1974...very interesting in regards to the history
of the route. It prints maps (rudimentary)  that is a little different from
the route today....very different in some areas like S. California and the
Mojave section and Jawbone Canyon to Whitney Meadow. I wanted to know if
any good maps exists of the old PCT route from that era. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks