[pct-l] Ultra ever dry

nojenn53 at aol.com nojenn53 at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 13:19:25 CST 2013

I am not Mr Money bags by any means, but I would certainly pay $150 to treat my Wild Oasis tent to not have to carry a water logged tent every rainy day of my AT hike this summer.  I would also consider spending the cash for my pack and sleeping quilt....although I probably need to know more about it before spraying my down Nunatak quilt.

Speaking of down filled products.  Has anyone had experience (good or bad) washing your down sleeping bags/quilts and/or down jackets?

Nunatak says it can be done, but they have a very time consuming drying process.  I had hoped I could get away with using DownTek for the wash, and drying it on very low setting with light tennis ball to fluff up the down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Jennette

Sent from my iPad