[pct-l] Some gear questions

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Sat Feb 9 18:09:17 CST 2013

Chris.

 I carry a spot to keep my wife happy and feeling secure that she can receive an OK spot from me a couple of times a day. She knows if she doesn't get one every morning and night not to panic as the signal doesn't always go through, even following all the guidelines. There is also the ability to hit the SOS button if all else fails of course you have to be conscious to do this. I know a lot of people talk of cutting the cord and being truly alone in the wilderness and I applaud them for that but some of us have significant others that are comforted by the link. I only caution do not feel emboldened by the presence of that little gadget

Diarmaid "Irish" Harmon
irishharmon at comcast.net

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"