[pct-l] GPS?

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Thu Feb 7 09:30:20 CST 2013

I have a Droid Bionic and used it last year in Oregon, combined with Backcountry Navigator w/halfmile way points installed.  You do not need a data connection for the GPS to work.  You do need a data connection to download maps, but you can do that ahead of time for later us.  It worked well for the limited need I had for it as a GPS.  Having the GPS turned on and active is a real battery drain on the phone.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/