[pct-l] Bear 'Can Usage

lilacs007 at yahoo.com lilacs007 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 19:04:25 CST 2013

I'm new to hiking, posted on here once about hiking with a disability, but have been reading all the threads.

I too am a little shocked that this seems to be okay and not frowned upon by experienced hikers.
People being a bit too relaxed about this issue and the impact it could have on bears.

BTW I lived in South Africa and would hike a lot there. The local monkeys got very used to the food and would steal it left and right, some kid fell off a cliff while chasing them once - they were then systematically euthanized. It was very sad, but they were super scary in packs of 20+.

Everything we do has an impact, but I'm sure I don't have to mention that.

My 2 cents. Happy hiking!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile