[pct-l] Trail Angel at Carson Pass

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:38:31 CST 2013

Hey Byron,

Great idea and a wonderful spot for a vacation home.  The first of the
hikers should start coming through Carson Pass in early July, depending on
snow in the High Sierra this year, and the bulk of the pack later in the
month and into August.

Some trail angels who just do it for a year or two have left notes on a
post near a trailhead, attached in such a way that the nobo hikers could
see it as they came through.  It would give an invite to PCT thru hikers to
call, providing  a phone number, that is if there was cel service in the
area.  Or you could just post some basic info on this list for folks to
copy prior to setting out.  I know that when I'm hiking I keep a list of
possible support people and give 'em a call if it works out.  News of trail
angels travels fast up and back on the trail now days because of FB, email
and the like, so if you are available, word will get around.

We met some wonderful people this year on the CDT who became trail angels
after their experience with a few thrus, and that info was passed on to
folks behind us.

Good for you and have a great hike yourself when it finally works out.

Shroomer