[pct-l] Foot Expansion

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Sat Feb 2 15:59:52 CST 2013

Just to fall in with those who have never experienced foot expansion while
backpacking. On my PCT and CDT thru hikes as well as all the years since, I
have worn the same size boot, laced somewhat tight all the time, and never
got a single blister or had any foot pain.! Don't know why.

Maybe it's the 65 to 80 pound pack and staying on-trail for 10 to 17 days at
a stretch...

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org