[pct-l] Breakfast Mixes

GottaWalk gottawalk at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 2 20:34:48 CST 2013

My favorite breakfast provides about 800 calories and weighs 5 ounces.

One ounce of each in a sandwich bag:
Nido instant whole milk powder
Chia seeds
Small pieces of nuts of your choice (pecans are my favorite, macadamias are highest calories)
Shredded coconut
Dried fruit (mango in great)

Night before add about 8 ounces of water and mix. Chia seeds get gelatinous in liquid to make this more of a pudding than a drink. I cut a small corner off the bottom of the bag and drink (slurp?) from the bag. Fruit and coconut with added sugar have a few more calories but I like to eat more natural ingredients.

This is very filling and lasts for a long time. I wish there were more recipes like this that provide natural protein, fat and carbs and lots of nutrients.

Enjoy!
GottaWalk