[pct-l] InReach or Out of Reach?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 20:12:56 CST 2013

Who has had experience with Delorme's InReach 2-way GPS communicator?  I'm
a hiker who actually enjoys gadgets on the trail, so I got one to work with
my Android phone.  But it seems very slow in transmitting my outbound
messages and then slow again if one of your contacts wants to communicate
back with me. When I first got it, their maps were way out of date, and
when they updated the map in my home neighborhood they labeled the new road
with the wrong name.  Then I needed to contact technical support prior to
starting my hike this past Saturday only to discover that their customer
service is only available on weekdays.  That seems a real weakness for a
company that is selling a product designed for outdoor activities.  I'm
hoping it's just my learning curve and that others have been better
satisfied. Ron "Slo Charger" Graybill