[pct-l] (no subject)

Kathryn Mendenhall kate51982 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 20:21:34 CDT 2013

I think the key to easing your own & your loved ones' fears of being a solo hiker, man or woman, is to empower yourself with knowledge & skills.  In preparation for my 2014 PCT trip and all future trips, I've started taking self-defense & wilderness first aid courses.  You can also carry a small pepper spray for extra security.  Sabre Red- Zombie Spitfire Pepper Spray is less than one ounce.  :D  And... there are a number of GPS devices with SOS buttons.  My mom & boyfriend love being able to follow the little dot (that's me!) pop up on the SPOT map.

I would encourage everyone- male, female, old, or young- to emancipate yourself with knowledge, skills & tools!

~katemonster