[pct-l] Trail section in Goat Rocks being rebuilt

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 22:06:43 CDT 2013

Dear Betty,

Your photos are stunning and report entertaining and well written, but if I am to understand correctly, the official route has been rerouted to the old equestrian route and the REAL trail is no longer that but an alternate instead?!?

Thank you so much for your work, as the equestrian route was in terrible shape, but if the official route has changed I will mourn its loss for the rest of my life.   Also, I suspect any future maintenance of the original Goat Rocks route will have very low, if any priority.   The Goat Rocks hiker route was a major highlight for me each of the four times I've hiked it, not to mention the equestrian route is plagued by snow much longer...

All this PCT-L banter about inequitable speed record attempts reminds me that future records using the equestrian route will have a huge speed advantage over the REAL Hiker Route.

Also, the title of your post should have read "Trail section in Goat Rocks Being Rerouted"...

Mournfully, Lollygag

[pct-l] Trail section in Goat Rocks being rebuilt
Betty Wheeler bettywheeler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 15:35:19 CDT 2013