[pct-l] What the PCT is really like?

Josh Breslow jbreslowsubs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 12:41:40 CDT 2013

Hello,

I am planning for my first thru-hike in 2014 so I have been reading trail
journals and watching lots of videos on the matter; Class videos, Wizards
of the PCT, Tell it on the Mountain, Cactus Eaters, Four Boots One Journey,
Yogi's Handbook, etc...

I feel like everything I have read/watched seems to show the good side of
the PCT, the polished version. I want to see what the PCT is really like
(preferably a movie vs trail journal or book but either is fine), the
trials and tribulations of doing such an adventure. Is there something out
there that will show me this stuff? Show me the difficulties of having to
poop in the woods for 6 months, the achy blistered feet, the moments where
you don't want to take another step. The difficult times, not just the good
times.

Can anybody recommend something that will show me these things?

Thank you,
Josh