[pct-l] Well, here we go!

Alan Miller alan.miller401 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:37:14 CDT 2013

So, my wife and I are committed for a 2014 thru hike.  We finally pulled
the trigger and sold the house and told our jobs we are done in March
(luckily, both of us get to keep our jobs until then).  It's a little scary
and incredibly exciting all at the same time.  We feel like our gear is
pretty well lined up with the exception of a new backpack for my wife (GG
Gorilla did not work out - any suggestions?).  And we are starting to work
on food and resupply planning.  One big question for us though is health
insurance.  I don't even know where to begin to find something suitable.
 Currently we are on a high deductible plan through my work with a health
savings account.  What do most people do on the trail?  Do most people even
hike with health insurance?  Where do I start?  Thanks for your help and
see you on the trail!