[pct-l] Rain jacket

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Aug 8 14:02:05 CDT 2013

Now with bicycling, a good rain jacket works well, as long as it is long
enough to cover the lower back. I used one for 5,000 miles of
bicycle-camping in Europe over the course of 4 months and lots of rain and I
stayed pretty dry from the hips up. Nevertheless, the seams need to be well
treated to keep wind-driven rain from pushing through since sometimes you're
moving pretty fast.

I didn't worry too much about getting too wet as the pubs were always
calling and good places to dry out!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org