[pct-l] Getting from Indian Heaven Vicinity to Portland?

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Tue Aug 6 16:35:36 CDT 2013

The trailhead at Road 23 is the most popular trailhead that's right on the PCT north of Indian Heaven.  Lots of people use it to head into the Mt Adams Wilderness, and it's one of the most easily accessible for people coming through Cascade Locks or heading up from the Portland/Vancouver area.  If you can get to Cascade Locks, you should be able to hitch a ride near the Bridge of the Gods with someone heading west on I-84.  I've heard from others on this list that there is supposedly a bus on the Washington side that would get you into Vancouver.