[pct-l] Remembering Ed....Mendo Rider

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Aug 4 06:58:10 CDT 2013

Ed and I had become friends and communicated frequently.
So odd,....I received his last e-mail just a few days ago with no word
or hint of any
health problems.
Saddened by his death and going through our e-mail communication, I
would like
to share with you the following correspondence to give you a better
insight of the
kind of person and outstanding hiker-horseman  Ed was.

JMT Reinhold
----------------------------
Ed,
Thanks a lot for the picture...that is a great shot.
Yes, I remember meeting you at the KO.
Ed, like I said, you are truly the Scott Williamson of Horse Men and I
am honored to have met you.
I love that close relationship you have with your horses.
You and Primo and Neekalos are like family and that is the way it should be.
I have that same close relationship with my dogs...they are family and I
treat them like family.

I would love to have your PCT on horseback DVD.
If you give me your address, I will send you a DVD of the JMT by
"French Bob"  whom I met on the trail.

Reinhold

      Reinhold