[pct-l] Keeping track of one another

Halmargolis at aol.com Halmargolis at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 17:18:24 CDT 2013

Kendall,

Diane's idea of placing a pole on the opposite side while  doing it in the
bush is great!
Many use posting at registers and numerous  posts.  Used a whistle (1 blast
to announce location or to  acknowledge, 2 blasts to request a blast or
yell, and three blasts, come to  me.  A high frequency yell, a Whoop whoop was
more fun. Being familiar with  one another's footprint MAY help. Also,
simply ask southbounders if  they saw him.  What worked most of the time is
agreeing to not go any  further than a certain pleasant spot or eatery and wait.
My favorite, if  ahead, is writing my initials on the trail with the time of
 day.

Hal "Green Hornet"

. Does  anyone have a good system for keeping track of your partner