[pct-l] Sawyer water filter

Hollywood 100marathonsorg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 01:01:12 CDT 2013

Re. Sawyer Squeeze:  Has anyone used the squeeze bags to carry water over
distance?   I wonder how risky this would be?  Am trying to save weight and
realize if they could be used this way safely, that could lessen the need
for other bottles.

Yes, I have, with consistently leaky results.  These fail at the top close
to the cap so when you compress them (even a little) in the pack they are
likely to spring leaks.  I would very much not recommend doing this.

2x1 liter bottles, 1x2 liter platypus, and a 4 liter platypus water tank
(which hooks up to the sawyer and can be carried outside the pack when
needed) were enough water capacity for me.  That might be a bit heavy but
for something so important how much do you really need to cut?  You might
save an ounce if you switched all that capacity to sawyer bags.