[pct-l] Trailtown Salloon and TGIF

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 20 08:56:30 CDT 2013

A pack of burly dusty thru-hikerscome in off the trail.  They immediatelyhead for the trailtown saloon and hot pizza.

They burst in on the saloonand nosily saddle up to the bar.  "Wench,TGIF. Set up a round of cold brews for us thirsty backpackers!  And be quick about it."

This goes on for a while andeach time they loudly yell 'TGIF' as they get another round of drinks. Betweenbites of pizza they garishly talk about their exploits on the trail.

There is a lone Mexican downat the other end of the bar. He is quietly drinking his drink and staring atthe backpackers through the mirror behind the bar.

After several minutes theMexican finishes his drink and slams the shot glass down on the bar and loudlyproclaims, "SPIT!, give me another one, por favor."

They had noticed the Mexicanglaring at them.  They were not going tobe done by the old fellow at the end of the bar.  They order more drinks and yell 'TGIF' evenmore loudly than before.

They goes on and on for a while.  Finally, the harried barmaid goes up to the Mexicanand says, "Look here senior, I know what TGIF means.  But what are you saying with your 'SPIT'?"

The old Mexican replies, "Stupid Pendejos, It's Thursday!"