[pct-l] Southern Terminus Drop Off Today

Heather McLean kreekwa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:20:20 CDT 2013

Curious if the BP only followed you (and stopped) or also followed up on
the folks you saw hopping the fence?

I just got back from Campo, where I dropped off PCT Planner Craig for
his thru hike.

When we got to the monument, we surprised some people jumping over the
fence from Mexico a few hundred meters east, and they scurried back
across the border. I went down to where they were jumping, and looked
over the fence, and saw them sitting under the bushes in Mexico,
waiting for us to leave, and shouted to them in Spanish, but they
didn't answer :-)

After we took the obligatory photos, I left Craig there to walk north
as I drove. When I got back to the freeway, I got stopped by a bunch
of plain clothes CPB officers (with badges out and wearing guns) in
unmarked trucks wanting to know what I was doing at the border, and
why I was looking over the fence.

It was an exciting day :