[pct-l] Halfmile's PCT app for Android released

David Lippke lippke.list at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:04:29 CDT 2013

We've finally gotten the Android edition of Halfmile's PCT app released and
it's now available free from Google
Play<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.tadteam.halfmilepct&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsIm5ldC50YWR0ZWFtLmhhbGZtaWxlcGN0Il0.>with
a help/intro document at
this link.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NPY8ZbOgtlk_5VccuPPXDCoHqyGl59gknzQ8TnGclT8/pub>
This is a later release than I'd have liked, but we've been through some
good weeks of beta test and the app seems to be very solid at this point.

For those unfamiliar with the iPhone
version<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/halfmiles-pct/id521937514?mt=8>,
the app is meant as a companion for Halfmile's PCT printed maps and GPS
data and it's exactly synchronized with those.    It does more than this,
but the app is probably best thought of as being a very accurate,
location-aware, digital PCT Data Book.

If you have any problems with it, please write to me directly at
Lippke at gmail.com so that I can jump right on whatever issue there may be.

Happy Hiking,
     David Lippke aka "White Jeep"