[pct-l] Advice needed - Injury

Jim Marco jdm27 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 9 12:59:29 CDT 2013

Laura,
	Yeah, I "me too" starting PT and seeing how you do.
	I will note that tendonitis is not generally caused by muscular strain, though. You *may* find that hiking with weight (20-30 pounds) has no effect on it, indeed the overall change in gait is enough to relieve the symptoms. Talk to your PT. He/she will surely have some thoughts. Talk to your doctor before you leave, and, make sure you have some pain pills to get off the trail with, if you decide to try it. Many times you will find the *kind* of terrain will change your gait enough to help, too. Again, talk to your PT person. 'Corse at my age, I have all sorts of creaky joints...I can't tell if it's my knees or my shoulders half the time...
	Good Luck!!
		jdm