[pct-l] Desert shirt

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 7 12:19:54 CDT 2013

A hiking shirt need not be fancy. Even a polyester/cotton men's dress
shirt will work. That's what Mags seems to like anyway.

On my first hike, I wore an old nylon Columbia shirt I bought maybe
10 years before my hike. Most of the buttons were missing, thanks to
my parrots. I still wear the old thing. On my second hike I wore a
Railrider's shirt. It had a few defects, but it worked fine. It was
soon stained and ruined by my pack.

It really hardly matters what brand or anything. Just get one that
fits comfortably and has long enough sleeves (a problem I seem to
have with women's clothing.) Also, if you have really long hair that
might dangle in front of you, velcro pocket closures are really awful.
Diane