[pct-l] washing sleeping bags

Carrot Quinn krotten at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 12:48:18 CDT 2013

I have a down kilo-plus bag from REI that I've had for about ten years and
I used it when I rode freight trains across the country several times and
so it got really, really dirty. I've washed it many times. Here is how I
wash it:

1. Put it in the washer (regular top-loader) on cold with some regular
laundry detergent. Run the washer.

2. Put it in the dryer on regular (no tennis balls) and dry it until it's
completely dry.

Each time I wash it it becomes like new again; it smells good and all the
loft returns. Magic! Dirt and the oils from your body will flatten your
down bag and you'll lose a lot of warmth- don't fear the washer and dryer.

-Carrot