[pct-l] Tent Advice

Austin Greavette austin.greavette at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:02:45 CDT 2012

- Have you considered or tried a tarp instead of a tent?

I did,  have and still do. I have a smd wild oasis. Although recently, one
of my sons put a tomahawk through it. So if I did go this route, I'd need
to buy a new one. I guess in a way it's guiltless spending since I need a
replacement :)

Did you use a shelter all the way? My concerns are about them being not
free standing or should I not worry much about that along the trail?