[pct-l] PCT Bucket Lists

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Oct 23 20:04:34 CDT 2012

Ernie,
Why wouldn't you prefer hiking the section from Acton to Tahoe to connect
your 1980 foot steps? I'm sure your injury healed, yet there must be more to
your story.  You're only 59, I'm a couple orbits behind you, and still
hiking this trail since 1976 with SoCal south of Kennedy mdws left to
fulfill my bucket.
As I contemplate retirement, my "bucket list" includes somehow connecting
the dots between Acton and Tahoe to complete the portion of the PCT I missed
in 1980 because of a severe leg injury suffered while walking on the Angeles
Crest Highway past Wrightwood because the PCT was buried under snow and then
walking down an incomplete trail toward Acton (the maps had led us to
believe the trail ws completed in 1979 but the dynamited granite hadn't been
cleared.)