[pct-l] NO BIKES SIGNS

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Oct 17 22:20:08 CDT 2012

I remember last year when I am my hiking partner camped by fenced-in spring
which is no longer fenced. The area is now part of the Soda Mountain
Wilderness. There is an old dirt road which goes into the wilderness.
Boulders had been placed at the boundary to block vehicle traffic and a
boulder or two had been slid aside to reopen the road. So beyond the
boulders a "tank trap" ditch had been dug -- about 5 feet deep with steep
sloping sides. This apparently worked as I saw no fresh vehicle tracks and
some trees were now down across the road.

Incidentally a little beyond the "tank trap" the ground leveled out and we
slept on the closed road.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.