[pct-l] Tethers to the other world...from the other world

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Oct 16 08:15:35 CDT 2012

Good morning,

Since the day over 51 years ago when I met the woman whom I would
eventually marry she has seen me disappear for periods of time – a day, a
week, a month and more.  I’ve left to attend college; to return to military
bases; to hike, hunt, or fish in the wilderness; or to visit remote places
around the world – even incredibly dangerous places like New York City.

Within all that I have created, and she has observed, one consistent
pattern of behavior: I’ve always returned where and when I said I would –
healthy and safe.  Similarly, I always trust and rely upon her competence,
self-reliance, and steady good judgement while I’m gone.

The length of a tether -- whether it’s a foot long ball-and-chain, or an
invisible silken thread -- is best the result of demonstrated good or bad
behavior.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/