[pct-l] FB SharingThePct group & Violence against MTBers

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 19:22:33 CDT 2012

I apologize if my previous comment about a stick in the spokes was misconstrued as advocating violence.  I was only hypothesizing a fictional account of attempting to carry out a " citizen's arrest" on a blatant lawbreaker.

Mango

>From Mags:
> I see a rather disturbing trend here and on the various FB pages.

> Threatening to puncture tires,  sticking hiking poles in bikes, etc really does not
help your point of view.

> (Anymore than advocating poaching the PCT help their point of view).

> I think we can be better than that.

We definitely "can be better than that" - and should be...
The 'negative' pct-l posts advocating such 'violence' is exactly what the MTBers want to help further prove their 'point'!
Please think about that before typing a post and hitting "send" - no need to give MTBers more ammo for the battle...
I do agree, however, with the "do not yield" - trail 'etiquette' (actually "rules" on most multi-use trails) put bikes at the
bottom of the pecking order, having to yield to both hikers & equestrians...

Happy trails!!!  (PCT w/o bikes!)
Jim (PITA)