[pct-l] FB SharingThePct group & Violence against MTBers

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 18:11:00 CDT 2012

>From Brick:
> https://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct
>
> It seems that posts on this list are the main focus of this FB group.

> You might want to join and tell them what you think of being overrun

> by MTBs on what they call the "Perfect Cycling Trail"

>From Mags:
> I see a rather disturbing trend here and on the various FB pages.

> Threatening to puncture tires,  sticking hiking poles in bikes, etc really does not
help your point of view.

> (Anymore than advocating poaching the PCT help their point of view).

> Hayduke-ing works best on the pages of a novel. Not so much in real life I think.

> I think we can be better than that.

We definitely "can be better than that" - and should be...
The 'negative' pct-l posts advocating such 'violence' is exactly what the MTBers want to help further prove their 'point'!
Please think about that before typing a post and hitting "send" - no need to give MTBers more ammo for the battle...
I do agree, however, with the "do not yield" - trail 'etiquette' (actually "rules" on most multi-use trails) put bikes at the
bottom of the pecking order, having to yield to both hikers & equestrians...

Happy trails!!!  (PCT w/o bikes!)
Jim (PITA)