[pct-l] amazing coincidence - John Donovan's friend

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Sat Oct 13 21:59:41 CDT 2012

JPL,

If you can track down the earlier episodes of a TV series called "I shouldn't be alive" you will find a whole programme about a couple who got lost near the San Jacinto cable car on 2006 and after some harrowing days found John's body almost exactly a year after he died.  They found his tent, with a note that appeared at first to be dated a short time ago, but then realised it was from the previous year.  They found John nearby.  Needless to say this did not improve their expectations of being able to find their way down, or be rescued.  The solution, NOT normally recommended for PCT users, was to start a fire and wait for the helicopters.

Denis