[pct-l] Facts matter (Bicycles on the PCT)

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:14:19 CDT 2012

This is a misrepresentation by Mr. Jacobs; perhaps it is unintentional, but who knows?  The language quoted by him is the regulatory, not statutory. I didn't bother to check to see if the statutes the regulations are purporting to enforce ( dating to 2009, by the way) actually involve the PCT as a national scenic trail.

Apparently, "facts" matter only if they comport with his narrative.  As I pointed out previously, the mountain bike was first devised in the late '70's. The trail preceded this development by roughly a decade. Therefore, asserting that mountain biking was originally viewed as a consistent use is false.

Sent from my iPad