[pct-l] Forest Service to consider allowing Mtn Bikes on the PCT

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Oct 7 15:13:13 CDT 2012

I hope this doesn't happen.

My girlfriend and I were lying across the trail in a brushy section
north of Tahoe when two bikers came charging up.  They were miles from
being legal.  Of course we couldn't have moved fast enough to get out of
the way, and one of them hit his brakes and twisted off the trail and
his chainring landed on a small boulder and bent.  He had a couple miles
to walk...

Try hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail and see what it's like.  I'd almost
rather have grizzlies to be hyper-sensitive about than mountain bikers.
98% are respectful, but like the selfish, small minded thrus that build
fires on the PCT in non-emergency situations, it's the 2% it's too easy
to remember.

I'm not trolling...

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD