[pct-l] Hiking in sandals

Lisa Peru lisaperu2011 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:45:17 CDT 2012

Just completed my thru in Teve Tirra sandals. I used them 450 miles each pair, and wore boots a total of three days. The issues I had were dry cracked callus (moisturizer and socks at night) and kicking sticks (pay attention). I even did the Sierras and Goat Rocks snowfields in them, no real problems. Rainy days were not an issue this year, but the two rain days I hiked in sandals were fine. I also loved fording streams, which is usually a chore. I was usually able to shake small bits of debris out without breaking pace.

I didn't have to buy or carry gaiters, insoles, or more than one pair of socks to walk on. I did add a small tin of Bag Balm.

Peru

PS sounds like your feet might be wider than your shoes accommodate. Find a good store and get resized?

Sent from my iPhone