[pct-l] Mt Bikes at Timberline Lodge

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 13:40:29 CST 2012

When you are riding a horse, as I do, some MB's, moving fast on downhill curvy trails, can, and have, caused very serious accidents - even deaths. Mountain Bikes should never be allowed on the PCT. I note that they are currently trying to gain legal access. Some already go on illegally.

For next summer, I plan to do the Colorado Trail. I originally wanted to ride it with my horse. I have changed my mind and will hike it because MB's are allowed, and there are even several MB races. Riding it with a horse would be a calculated risk. I'm not a risk-taker.

MendoRider-Hiker