[pct-l] Bears vs Habituated Bears

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:42:30 CST 2012

I'm thru-hiking the Great Divide Trail next summer up in Canada and may
well carry bear spray there due to possible encounters with grizzly bear.
 I can't imagine a need to carry on the PCT though as I have yet to meet a
griz there after thousands of miles and all the black bears that I have met
are more scared of me than I of them (and I'm plenty scared of them).  Any
thoughts about the necessity or lack thereof regarding carrying pepper
spray on the GDT, please let me know (better off of the pct-l forum though
I suppose since it isn't a PCT topic).

River