[pct-l] For those that love the CDT

Nathan Dreon ndreon at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 23:33:19 CST 2012

Hi Trailhacker,

Thank you for the heads up on the trail building project in Colorado.  It has been a couple of years since I did any hiking in that state but I hope to remedy that soon.  Having a bike free trail will make it all the better.  I sent the note below to the Forest Service thanking them for their efforts.

Nathan

mnelson02 at fs.fed.us

Ms Nelson,

I would like to thank you and your colleagues for making this effort to separate foot traffic and bicycle traffic in the Windy Peak to La Garita Wilderness area.  On a road there is plenty of room so all users can safely share the space, this is not the case on a trail.  Bicycles move swiftly and silently and have difficultly avoiding walkers in the narrow confines of a trail.  I am not quick enough to get out of the way when taken unawares by a fast bike, I am frankly afraid of being hit and I avoid the trails with bikes on them, I am not safe there.  So it is heartening to see a new trail being built to remove the hikers from the bike trails.  Please keep me informed as the construction progresses.  Once again, thank you.

Nathan Dreon