[pct-l] Early and late season hiking on the PCT.

Nathan Dreon ndreon at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 21:07:02 CST 2012

Though I would deny it in polite company, I feel pretty comfortable admitting here that I have read Funnybone!'s 2006 PCT journal.  This disturbed young man had some interesting things to say to anyone toying with the idea of thru hiking the PCT outside of the late April to mid September window.

10 & 11 April 2006 -- wind, snow, ice, falling, escaping.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=130506

I can summarize 15 & 16 April, Fuller Ridge, wind, snow, ice, fear.

He found the south California high country impassible.

fast forward 5 months

15 to 21 September 2006 rain, snow, ice, fear:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=157303

5 October 2006 had a description of a walk (crawl) that was interesting.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=159994

This is off topic but worth reading as well:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=161497