[pct-l] For those that love the CDT

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Mon Nov 19 23:03:37 CST 2012

Friends,

I know that many of you who love the PCT also love the CDT. There is a proposal to reroute about 30 miles of the CDT from FS service roads to a yet to be built trail. The goal for the CDT has always been that eventually all of it would be trail based and not routed along roads. This section of the CDT currently allows hikers, equestrians and mountain bikes. The plan would allow only hikers and equestrians on the new trail while keeping the mountain bikers on the currently used roads. I'm sure many of you will agree that this is the best plan. You should know that the same people who are planning their assault on the PCT, Ted Stroll and company, are vowing to fight to force mountain bikes on the proposed trail. If you have an opinion on this you can get more information about the plan and three alternate routes here:

http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/fs-usda-pop.php?project=31283

You can file your comments here:

https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public/CommentInput?Project=31283

You can imagine that the FS will get plenty of comments from mountain bikers.

Best,

TrailHacker
--
"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln