[pct-l] PCT Holiday Gift Suggestion

CJ & Cristy Miller soggy2pair at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 16:14:03 CST 2012

Options - (to increase PCTA donations)

I intended to purchase my own copy but was heading out on a road-trip
 and checked the local library. The library only had the OR/WA edition,
which I checked-out and enjoyed reading.

The CA edition was not available anywhere so, I asked about it
and they put in an order to purchase it. $ Kaching $.

An option is to check local bookstores and libraries for these editions.
If they don't have them, request them to be purchased.  For the public library
 I just had to put a request/hold on that edition "5" times before it reaches
their 'level of interest' metric to initiate an order.
If ordering through a bookstore, and they know one is sold, they'll often
buy an extra for their shelves.

So, my recommendation is don't just buy one for yourself through
....the site, or Amazon.  Go through the bookstore and library and
you'll often help the PCTA out with a few extra orders.

Great additions to my little library !!!

* * * * * * *
When you think about your holiday gift list, consider purchasing a copy of *The
Pacific** Crest Trailside Reader: California or Oregon/Washington* for an
aspiring PCT hiker or an experienced PCT veteran. It belongs on every PCT
lover's reading list and book shelf. All (100%) author royalties are
donated to the PCTA for the support and preservation of the trail.  This
has amounted to $5,000 thus far.

Of course the books are available on Amazon, but even more profits are
returned to the trail if you buy them through the PCTA. And here's a third
good option. Corey Lewis and Rees Hughes (the editors) will inscribe the
book(s) as you specify (OK … with a few limitations) and mail it anywhere
in the U.S.A. for $20 per book.  Shipping and handling included.  Send a
check to Rees Hughes, 1660 Brigid Lane, Arcata, California 95521 no later
than December 10 to ensure timely delivery.  Please specify which volume(s)
you want.

--
Rees Hughes
Co-Editor, *The