[pct-l] No Zeros in Motels

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:43:39 CST 2012

There was a previous thread about the "worst parts of the trail".  While
technically not part of the "the trail", motels were probably exactly that
for me.  While there is a certain drug-like allure to staying in a motel,
getting a shower, and watching TV, I have to say I always felt kinda
emotionally down on my zero days.  Now restaurants are a different
story...The manager of an all-you-can-eat buffet, jokingly (I think), said
after my visit that they were gonna have to raise their prices to make up
for lost revenue. Anyway, next time I do the trail, I'll plan on zero motel
days and spend my zero days instead at the very best spots along the PCT of
which there are several gazillion.  Even the worst camp site (I think I
spent an evening under a Highway bridge near San Felipe Creek) is better
than the inside of a Motel 6.

River